- The preferred method is Direct Bank Deposit. Simply send us an email with the name of the product that you wish to purchase, and your delivery address (if applicable) and we will send you the total amount due, and our bank details. You can then transfer the funds into our bank account via internet banking or via your local St George Bank branch. Please allow 2 business days for all internet bank transfers to clear.
- Alternatively you can pay via PayPal, which accepts credit card payments.
- Buy now and pay later, using ZipMoney
- Put a deposit down we’ll hold the item for you (for up to 5 weeks) until you’ve had a chance to pay the balance. See Lay-by terms below.
Lay-bys are offered by French Place on certain items on a discretionary basis – please see below for the full terms and conditions.
- The lay-by period is for a maximum of 5 weeks, or as otherwise agreed between the Purchaser and French Place.
- A deposit must be a minimum of 30% of the total purchase value, or as otherwise agreed between the Purchaser and French Place.
- The minimum lay-by sale is $250.
- The cancellation charge on a lay-by is 30% of the total purchase price.
- There are no returns or exchanges on lay-by items with the exception of faulty goods.
- The Purchaser or French Place has the right to cancel a lay-by.
- If the Purchaser cancels the lay-by they have the right to a refund of the payments made, less the cancellation charge.
- If French Place cancels the lay-by the Purchaser will be entitled to a full refund of all payments made.
- Purchasers will be contacted for all lay-bys that are not completed by the due date. After the due date, French Place has the right to cancel the lay-by and the Purchaser will be given a refund for their payments made, less the cancellation charge.
- The cancellation charge is applied to compensate French Place’s selling, storage and administration costs.
- No items can be taken by the Purchaser until the entire lay-by has been paid in full, including any delivery costs.
Pick Up Option
- We offer a FREE pick up option from our Chatswood (NSW) warehouse from the Monday after funds for your purchase have fully cleared.
- The warehouse opening hours are Mon-Fri 08:00-17:30, Sat 08:00-16:00, Sun 10:00-16:00 (Closed public holidays)
- You have 7 days to pick up your goods starting from this Monday, otherwise, we reserve the right to dispose of your goods as we see fit to make room in our warehouse for new stock.
- If you intend to pick up the item yourself, please ensure you bring enough man power to lift heavy items onto your vehicle, as due to occupational health & safety reasons the staff at the warehouse will not be able to assist in lifting heavy items such as bookcases and dining tables.
- Please take careful note of the dimensions and weight of the products on the production description section to ensure that the item will fit into your vehicle/trailer and into your home/shop.
- You are also welcome to organise your own courier to pick up from our warehouse. We will provide the pick up address after
- We deliver to all metropolitan areas throughout Australia. For remote areas, please email us for a detailed quote.
- Please let us know if your delivery address is difficult to access, e.g. upstairs in an apartment block, tight doorways etc.. as our couriers will need to charge extra for moving large furniture in these circumstances.
- Delivery is for ground floor delivery only and does not include unboxing, assembly and rubbish removal.
- Your furniture will be dispatched the Monday after payment clears.
- Please understand that the external couriers that we use are not able to provide an exact date of delivery. At best they will be able to indicate a 2-3 day timeframe of when the delivery will be made. It is your responsibility to ensure that someone is available to sign for the goods. Charges will apply for additional delivery attempts.
- The table below has estimated delivery costs, valid only for metropolitan areas with easy access. For an exact delivery quote, please email us.
|Destination||SMALL (<20kg)||MEDIUM (<60kg)||LARGE (>60kg)|
7 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Deposits paid for goods are non-refundable.
- We check all our goods before dispatch to ensure they are not damaged before we sell them.
- However, we offer a 7 day money back guarantee for any manufacturer defects only.
- You can choose between a replacement, refund, exchange or credit note where goods have a manufacturing defect.
- We must be notified via email no later than 7 days after you receive the goods.
- Note that refunds do not include any delivery costs paid.
- Buyer must pay for all transportation costs back to our Chatswood (NSW) warehouse.
- Due to all our goods being custom handmade for us, minor dents/scratches/marks are not considered by our manufacturer to be defects.
- Due to the style of our pieces (especially our distressed Oak pieces), any minor dents/scratches/marks add to the character and uniqueness of each piece.
- The level of distressed/white wash finish to our goods can vary from order to order and the variations to the finish are not considered manufacturer defects.
Terms and Conditions
French Place Pty Ltd (“French Place”) will only supply goods to the Purchaser on the following terms and conditions set out below, unless French Place agrees, in writing, to vary these Terms and Conditions:
Purchaser means any party contracting for the supply of products from French Place.
Website means www.frenchplace.com.au
- Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.
- Goods can be picked up by yourself or your courier from our Chatswood (NSW) warehouse the following Monday after funds for your purchase have fully cleared. You have 7 days to pick up your good from this Monday otherwise, we reserve the right to dispose of your goods as we see fit to make room in our warehouse for new stock. We have a shortage of space in our warehouse so we hope you understand why we have this requirement.
- As most of our goods have been received by us from our manufacturer only very recently, they may still have a “very new” smell. This will obviously go away with time.
- As all our pieces are hand made, there may be slight variances in the measurements listed online.
- Please understand that colours or shades of our pieces in the photos may vary to that of real life due to your computer monitor settings.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, please contact us immediately and we will try our best to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
As a condition of your use of this Website, you warrant that:
(a) you are at least 18 years of age;
(b) you will use this Website only in accordance with these Website Terms and Conditions; and
(c) the information you provide via this Website will be accurate and complete, and will not be misleading, deceptive or likely to be misled or deceive.
You may only use this Website for lawful purposes. When using this Website, you must not:
(a) impersonate any person or entity;
(b) make any fraudulent speculative or false enquiries or bookings;
(c) post or transmit to or via this Website any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libellous, obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
(d) knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the Website;
(e) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Website or the associated systems;
(f) frame or mirror any part of the Website without our written approval; or
(g) except to the extent permitted by law, modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Website or cause any other person to do so.
Non-commercial use only
You may only use this website for your own personal use (which will at all times be reasonable, not abusive) or for purposes legitimately connected with purchasing our products and services.
You are not allowed to access, use or copy any material or information on this Website for any commercial purpose or for any purposes which are unlawful. In particular, you are not allowed to copy (whether by printing off, storing on disk or in any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), alter or tamper with in any way or use any material contained in this Website except that you may print off any individual page for your own personal use.
Damaged or lost goods
French Place carefully checks all goods prior to dispatch. French Place does not accept any responsibility for damage to the goods or loss of the goods arising from third party courier/delivery transit.
All references to $ and dollars on this Website are to Australian currency. Prices available in Australia only. French Place reserves the right to alter prices without notification.
Prices quoted on the Website do not include delivery charges within Australia. Delivery is for ground floor delivery only and does not include unboxing, assembly and rubbish removal. French Place will not accept responsibility for any part delivery or delay in delivery of the goods as a result of events occurring beyond the control of French Place. French Place will not be responsible for any consequences (direct or indirect) arising from such delay or non-delivery. We recommend that you place an order with us at least 2 or more months before you require your goods.
Address for Delivery
Goods will be delivered to the Purchaser’s nominated address. Any changes to the Purchaser’s delivery address must be made in writing to French Place and confirmed in writing by French Place. These changes to the delivery address of the Purchaser will supersede the details in the original website checkout page. The Purchaser agrees that French Place is not responsible for any losses occasioned by the Purchaser’s failure to collect or take delivery of goods sent to the Purchaser’s nominated delivery address.
Actual colours of the goods may vary from what is displayed on your monitor. Our distressed/white wash finished goods can appear lighter coloured in photos than in real life. If your distressed/white wash finished goods are not as distressed as what you would like, we can post to you “white wash wood putty” so you can simply rub this on to your goods to achieve your desired level of distress/white wash finish.
Due to popularity or interruption of supply, some goods may be unavailable or out of stock. Please e-mail us to be sure the goods you are interested in are in stock.
Advice and technical information
Any advice, recommendation, information, technical information, specification, drawing, description, illustration, dimensions, assistance or service provided by French Place in relation to any goods is given in good faith and is believed by French Place to be appropriate and reliable. However, any such advice, recommendation, information, technical information, specification, drawing, description, illustration, dimensions, assistance or service provided by French Place in relation to any products supplied by French Place is approximate only.
Accident / injury arising from goods
Safety to our customer’s is our primary concern. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to:
(a) seek assistance in lifting heavy goods so as not to cause accident / personal injury to any one;
(b) assemble the goods in the correct manner;
(c) ensure the goods are sturdy, safe and appropriate for the Purchaser’s intended use prior to actual use; and
(d) ensure the goods are used in a proper and appropriate manner and never overloaded to prevent any accident / personal injury occurring.
French Place strongly recommends that all large, heavy and / or fragile goods, such as bookcases and glass top coffee tables:
(a) are kept away from small children; and
(b) are fixed/anchored to a sturdy wall after assembly to prevent the bookcase from falling over.
French Place will not be responsible for any accident or personal injury arising in connection with the goods, including any direct or indirect or consequential loss or damages.
Limitation of liability
French Place’s total liability to the Purchaser is limited to a full replacement of the Purchaser’s order of the goods only. Courier and / or delivery costs are non-refundable.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. These Terms and Conditions and any contract made between French Place and the Purchaser hereunder shall be governed by and constructed in accordance within the laws of the State of New South Wales.
Security of the site
Every endeavour is made to ensure that this Website is secure. However, users must be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network and that third party interference can occur.
Users are encouraged to take appropriate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from this Website is free of contamination that may interfere with or damage the user’s computer hardware or software.
French Place does not accept any liability for of any these occurrences.
Q: Do you have a showroom where I can look at the items before I buy?
A: We have a warehouse in Chatswood NSW where we can show you our items, however it is only by appointment on the weekends. Please send us a message if you wish to make an appointment. We are an online store that mainly sell our products via our website and on eBay. By not having a showroom we are able to keep our overhead costs low and pass on those savings to you.
Q: Am I able to pick up my item from your warehouse, so that I don’t have to pay delivery costs?
A: Of course! You are more than welcome to come and pick up your item from our Chatswood NSW warehouse, from the Monday after your payment has cleared. We will let you know via email when your item is ready for pick up.
Q: Am I able to customise the colour of the furniture?
A: We may be able to accommodate your request. Please send us an email and we will try our best.
Q: I have found a piece that I love, but it is too expensive in retail stores. Are you able to order it in?
A: We are always looking to source new pieces. Please send us an email with a photo of what you like.
Q: How do I look after my oak furniture?
A: For a natural Hamptons style look, our Oak furniture is finished with a light wax and is unsealed.
You can apply a furniture sealant to the furniture if you want it completely sealed.
Always avoid direct sunlight and heat.
Always clean spills and water off of oak furniture. Since oak is porous, it will easily soak up water.
No matter how strong and sturdy oak furniture looks, always move it with care.
Don’t expose oak to strong cleaning agents, coffee, wine, water or other liquids.
Avoid putting hot items such as dishes or pans directly on the wood. Instead, use trivets or heavy mats.
You can repair slight damages to oak furniture. You can use furniture markers and putties (available in a variety of colors) to fix small chips.