WHY FRENCH PLACE?
- We are an Australian owned company based in Sydney with a passion for French Provincial furniture and Hamptons style interiors.
- Our aim is to bring you quality furniture and homewares at affordable prices.
- Since we are an online store, we don’t have the large overheads associated with traditional furniture retail stores.
- We import our French style furniture directly from overseas, so when you buy from us, you don’t pay for distribution and wholesaler costs.
- We have a warehouse in Sydney, so you can save further by picking up the French furniture yourself.
- We accept Paypal, so you can shop with confidence knowing you are protected by Paypal’s Buyer Protection Program.
- Buy now and pay later with Zip or Paypal’s Pay In 4.
- As a family business, we pride ourselves with providing exceptional customer service. You can contact us via live chat, email and phone.
WHAT IS FRENCH PROVINCIAL?
French Provincial furniture was originally inspired by the luxurious and ornate craftsmanship found in the French Castles and Chateaux in the early to mid 1700s. Over time the surrounding provinces began to incorporate elements of this lavish style into the laid back, homely and unassuming style that was commonly found in the French country side villages. The French Provincial style that we know today combines ornate carved curved legs, brass and wrought iron handles, fine linens, with rustic timbers, distressed finishes and soft and neutral tones. The unique blend of luxury, sophistication and comfort is what makes French Provincial furniture so popular today. It works well in both modern homes as well as traditional Federation or Californian Bungalow style homes.
WHAT IS HAMPTONS STYLE?
Hamptons Style originated from the affluent coastal towns of Long Island, New York, where the wealthy sought a sophisticated and relaxed atmosphere for their homes. Inspired by the idyllic beachside retreats, Hamptons Style furniture embraces a blend of classic, traditional elements with a fresh, breezy feel. Characterized by its bright and airy ambiance, Hamptons Style furniture is defined by its use of neutral colour palettes, predominantly featuring shades of white, cream, and soft blues. These calming hues create a sense of tranquillity and reflect the coastal surroundings that inspired this design movement. Clean lines and understated elegance are central to Hamptons Style furniture. It emphasizes simplicity, allowing the quality of craftsmanship and materials to shine. Pieces often showcase natural textures such as rattan, wicker, and timber, adding warmth and organic beauty to the overall aesthetic.