Frequently Asked Questions
We have a few pieces on display at our warehouse. We don’t have staff working at the warehouse full time, so please contact us to make an appointment if you would like assistance at the warehouse. Otherwise feel free to drop by to browse our display furniture and contact us with any questions:
61 Alleyne St, Chatswood NSW 2064.
Opening hours: 10am – 4pm, 7 days a week
Closed public holidays.
We are an online store that mainly sell our products via our website. By not having a showroom we are able to keep our overhead costs low and pass on those savings to you.
Available on backorder, means that the item is currently out of stock, but we have more stock on order from our suppliers. Please send us a message if you would like an estimated arrival date.
Popular items quite often sell out before the shipment arrives at our warehouse. Place an order through the website to secure your item in the next available shipment.
- Pay with your credit card PayPal
- Buy now and pay later, using Zip
- We offer a FREE pick up option from our Chatswood (NSW) warehouse from the Monday after funds for your purchase have fully cleared.
- You have 7 days to pick up your goods starting from this Monday, otherwise, we reserve the right to dispose of your goods as we see fit to make room in our warehouse for new stock.
- If you intend to pick up the item yourself, please ensure you bring enough man power to lift heavy items onto your vehicle, as due to occupational health & safety reasons the staff at the warehouse will not be able to assist in lifting heavy items such as bookcases and dining tables.
- Please take careful note of the dimensions and weight of the products on the production description section to ensure that the item will fit into your vehicle/trailer and into your home/shop.
- You are also welcome to organise your own courier to pick up from our warehouse. We will provide the pick up address after we receive your order.
- The Purchaser assumes all risk in association with the collection of products. French Place is not responsible for any damages to the goods upon its collection by the Purchaser/Purchaser’s transport company.
- We deliver to all metropolitan areas throughout Australia (within 30km of capital cities). For other areas, please email us for a quote.
- Please let us know if your delivery address is difficult to access, e.g. upstairs in an apartment block, tight doorways etc. as the removalists will need to charge extra for moving large furniture in these circumstances.
- Delivery is for ground floor delivery only and does not include unboxing, assembly and rubbish removal.
- Your furniture will be dispatched the Monday after payment clears.
- Please understand that some couriers are not able to provide an exact date of delivery. At best they will be able to indicate a 2-3 day timeframe of when the delivery will be made. It is your responsibility to ensure that someone is available to sign for the goods. Charges will apply for additional delivery attempts.
- The table below has estimated delivery costs, valid only for metropolitan areas with easy access. For an exact delivery quote, please email us.
|DESTINATION||SMALL (<20KG)||MEDIUM (<80KG)||LARGE (80-250KG)|
|Darwin||$330||Please enquire||Please enquire|
- Deposits paid for goods are non-refundable.
- We do not offer refunds for change of mind.
- We offer a 7 day money back guarantee for any manufacturer defects only.
- You can choose between a replacement, refund, exchange or credit note where goods have a manufacturing defect.
- We must be notified via email no later than 7 days after you receive the goods.
- Note that refunds do not include any delivery costs paid.
- Buyer must pay for all transportation costs back to our Chatswood (NSW) warehouse.
- Due to all our goods being custom handmade for us, minor dents/scratches/marks are not considered by our manufacturer to be defects. Please understand that natural oak and timbers can crack with time. This is particularly true of oak furniture when there are sudden changes in temperature. This is by no means a defect in the furniture and part of the characteristics of natural timber.
- Due to the style of our pieces (especially our distressed Oak pieces), any minor dents/scratches/marks add to the character and uniqueness of each piece.
- The level of distressed/white wash finish to our goods can vary from order to order and the variations to the finish are not considered manufacturer defects.
- The Purchaser is deemed to have inspected the goods immediately upon receiving delivery. Any damage or issues on the goods must be notified to us in writing via email to email@example.com. This must be done within 7 days of receiving delivery. The Purchaser must provide sufficient evidence to substantiate any claim. If the Purchaser fails to advise us of the relevant issue, the goods will be deemed to haven been delivered to you in good condition and in accordance with the Contract.
Most of the pieces that we stock are purchased in bulk from our suppliers in order to keep the price low. However we may be able to accommodate your request. Please send us an email and we will try our best.
We are always looking to source new pieces. Please send us an email with a photo of what you like.
For a natural Hamptons style look, our Oak furniture is finished with a light wax and is unsealed.
You can apply a furniture sealant to the furniture if you want it completely sealed.
Always avoid direct sunlight and heat.
Always clean spills and water off of oak furniture. Since oak is porous, it will easily soak up water.
No matter how strong and sturdy oak furniture looks, always move it with care.
Don’t expose oak to strong cleaning agents, coffee, wine, water or other liquids.
Avoid putting hot items such as dishes or pans directly on the wood. Instead, use trivets or heavy mats.
You can repair slight damages to oak furniture. You can use furniture markers and putties (available in a variety of colors) to fix small chips. Please understand that natural oak and timbers can crack with time. This is particularly true of oak furniture when there are sudden changes in temperature. This is by no means a defect in the furniture and part of the characteristics of natural timber.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
French Place Pty Ltd (“French Place”) will only supply goods to the Purchaser on the terms and conditions set out here, unless French Place agrees, in writing, to vary these Terms and Conditions:
Purchaser means any party contracting for the supply of products from French Place. The Purchaser’s placement of an order for any product with French Place, is deemed to be an offer by the Purchaser to purchase goods pursuant to these conditions of sale. The placement of an order with French Place includes but is not limited to through the website, on the phone, via email or in person.
French Place’s acceptance of the Purchaser’s order through acceptance of payment, constitutes acceptance of the Purchaser’s offer to purchase the product from French Place, and brings into existence a legally binding contract between the parties on these terms and conditions of sale. Any further new terms not part of these terms and conditions, do not form part of the contract between French Place or the Purchaser, unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing.
Website means www.frenchplace.com.au
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. These Terms and Conditions and any contract made between French Place and the Purchaser hereunder shall be governed by and constructed in accordance within the laws of the State of New South Wales.
As a condition of your use of this Website, you warrant that:
(a) you are at least 18 years of age;
(b) you will use this Website only in accordance with these Website Terms and Conditions; and
(c) the information you provide via this Website will be accurate and complete, and will not be misleading, deceptive or likely to be misled or deceive.
- Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.
- As most of our goods have been received by us from our manufacturer only very recently, they may still have a “very new” smell. This will obviously go away with time.
- As all our pieces are hand made, there may be slight variances in the measurements listed online.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, please contact us immediately and we will try our best to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
You may only use this Website for lawful purposes. When using this Website, you must not:
(a) impersonate any person or entity;
(b) make any fraudulent speculative or false enquiries or bookings;
(c) post or transmit to or via this Website any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libellous, obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
(d) knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the Website;
(e) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Website or the associated systems;
(f) frame or mirror any part of the Website without our written approval; or
(g) except to the extent permitted by law, modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Website or cause any other person to do so.
You may only use this website for your own personal use (which will at all times be reasonable, not abusive) or for purposes legitimately connected with purchasing our products and services.
You are not allowed to access, use or copy any material or information on this Website for any commercial purpose or for any purposes which are unlawful. In particular, you are not allowed to copy (whether by printing off, storing on disk or in any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), alter or tamper with in any way or use any material contained in this Website except that you may print off any individual page for your own personal use.
French Place carefully checks all goods prior to dispatch. French Place does not accept any responsibility for damage to the goods or loss of the goods arising from third party courier/delivery transit.
All references to $ and dollars on this Website are to Australian currency. Prices available in Australia only. French Place reserves the right to alter prices without notification.
Prices quoted on the Website do not include delivery charges within Australia. Delivery is for ground floor delivery only and does not include unboxing, assembly and packaging removal. The Purchaser must evaluate and measure the access way to the drop off location to ensure that there is clear and wide access way for the removalists to safely and carefully deliver the product. Our bookcases are very heavy and require 2 strong professional removalists on either end to carefully turn and manoeuvre the large and heavy boxes into the drop off location. In the event that any delivered boxes can’t fit into the required drop off location and has to be returned to us by the the removalist, a secondary delivery fee is applicable for the return. French Place will not accept responsibility for any part delivery or delay in delivery of the goods as a result of events occurring beyond the control of French Place. French Place will not be responsible for any consequences (direct or indirect) arising from such delay or non-delivery. We recommend that you place an order with us at least 2 or more months before you require your goods.
Legal title of the goods is transferred to the Purchaser once they are either: dispatched to the Purchaser from the warehouse or picked up from the warehouse by the Purchaser/Purchaser’s carrier.
For goods that can not be safely left at the front door, the Purchaser will ensure someone is available at the specific premises to receive the goods within the specified time frame. If a delivery was arranged in advance and subsequently cannot be completed due to reasons within the Purchase’s control, the Purchaser will be charged for any subsequent delivery.
If goods are to be delivered to the Purchaser, they are delivered to your nominated address by an independent, third party courier, transport company or removalist. All agents are neither part of, nor affiliated with French Place and are only engaged to carry the delivery job on your behalf. French Place does not accept any claims or liability arising out of conduct by the courier, transport company or removalist.
Delivery is generally to your door only. The removalists will offer to move the items into your home, provided that there is good access. If a removalist assists in bringing the goods into your premises, acceptance is at your own risk. French Place will not accept any liability as a result of a removalist’s action on your premise.
Goods will be delivered to the Purchaser’s nominated address. Any changes to the Purchaser’s delivery address must be made in writing to French Place and confirmed in writing by French Place. These changes to the delivery address of the Purchaser will supersede the details in the original website checkout page or e-mail correspondence. The Purchaser agrees that French Place is not responsible for any losses occasioned by the Purchaser’s failure to collect or take delivery of goods sent to the Purchaser’s nominated delivery address.
Quoted times for delivery of products are not guaranteed and is taken to be estimation only. Time is not taken to be an essential clause of the contract unless specified in writing by both parties. French Place is not obliged to offer any additional compensation to the Purchaser for non-delivery or late-delivery of the product ordered.
Actual colours of the goods may vary from what is displayed on your monitor. Our distressed/white wash finished goods can appear lighter coloured in photos than in real life. If your distressed/white wash finished goods are not as distressed as what you would like, we can post to you “white wash wood putty” so you can simply rub this on to your goods to achieve your desired level of distress/white wash finish.
Due to popularity or interruption of supply, some goods may be unavailable or out of stock. Please e-mail us to be sure the goods you are interested in are in stock.
Any advice, recommendation, information, technical information, specification, drawing, description, illustration, dimensions, assistance or service provided by French Place in relation to any goods is given in good faith and is believed by French Place to be appropriate and reliable. However, any such advice, recommendation, information, technical information, specification, drawing, description, illustration, dimensions, assistance or service provided by French Place in relation to any products supplied by French Place is approximate only.
Safety to our customer’s is our primary concern. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to:
(a) seek assistance in lifting heavy goods so as not to cause accident / personal injury to any one;
(b) assemble the goods in the correct manner;
(c) ensure the goods are sturdy, safe and appropriate for the Purchaser’s intended use prior to actual use; and
(d) ensure the goods are used in a proper and appropriate manner and never overloaded to prevent any accident / personal injury occurring.
French Place strongly recommends that all large, heavy and / or fragile goods, such as bookcases and glass top coffee tables:
(a) are kept away from small children; and
(b) are fixed/anchored to a sturdy wall after assembly to prevent the bookcase from falling over.
French Place will not be responsible for any accident or personal injury arising in connection with the goods, including any direct or indirect or consequential loss or damages.
French Place’s total liability to the Purchaser is limited to a full replacement or refund (at our discretion) of the Purchaser’s order of the goods only. Courier and / or delivery costs are non-refundable. We are not responsible for any special, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages.
French Place expressly does not accept liability for any goods that are altered in any way.
Every endeavour is made to ensure that this Website is secure. However, users must be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network and that third party interference can occur.
Users are encouraged to take appropriate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from this Website is free of contamination that may interfere with or damage the user’s computer hardware or software.
French Place does not accept any liability for of any these occurrences.