We have a warehouse in Chatswood NSW where we can show you our items, however it is only by appointment on the weekends. Please send us a message if you wish to make an appointment. We are an online store that mainly sell our products via our website. By not having a showroom we are able to keep our overhead costs low and pass on those savings to you.
Available on backorder, means that the item is currently out of stock, but we have more stock on order from our suppliers. Please send us a message if you would like an estimated arrival date.
Popular items quite often sell out before the shipment arrives at our warehouse. Place an order through the website to secure your item in the next available shipment.
- The preferred method is Direct Bank Deposit. Simply send us an email with the name of the product that you wish to purchase, and your delivery address (if applicable) and we will send you the total amount due, and our bank details. You can then transfer the funds into our bank account via internet banking or via your local St George Bank branch. Please allow 2 business days for all internet bank transfers to clear.
- Alternatively you can pay via PayPal, which accepts credit card payments.
- Buy now and pay later, using Zip
- Lay-by – put a deposit down we’ll hold the item for you (for up to 3 months) until you’ve had a chance to pay the balance. See Lay-by terms below.
- We offer a FREE pick up option from our Chatswood (NSW) warehouse from the Monday after funds for your purchase have fully cleared.
- You have 7 days to pick up your goods starting from this Monday, otherwise, we reserve the right to dispose of your goods as we see fit to make room in our warehouse for new stock.
- If you intend to pick up the item yourself, please ensure you bring enough man power to lift heavy items onto your vehicle, as due to occupational health & safety reasons the staff at the warehouse will not be able to assist in lifting heavy items such as bookcases and dining tables.
- Please take careful note of the dimensions and weight of the products on the production description section to ensure that the item will fit into your vehicle/trailer and into your home/shop.
- You are also welcome to organise your own courier to pick up from our warehouse. We will provide the pick up address after we receive your order.
- The Purchaser assumes all risk in association with the collection of products. French Place is not responsible for any damages to the goods upon its collection by the Purchaser/Purchaser’s transport company.
- We deliver to all metropolitan areas throughout Australia (within 30km of capital cities). For other areas, please email us for a quote.
- Please let us know if your delivery address is difficult to access, e.g. upstairs in an apartment block, tight doorways etc. as the removalists will need to charge extra for moving large furniture in these circumstances.
- Delivery is for ground floor delivery only and does not include unboxing, assembly and rubbish removal.
- Your furniture will be dispatched the Monday after payment clears.
- Please understand that some couriers are not able to provide an exact date of delivery. At best they will be able to indicate a 2-3 day timeframe of when the delivery will be made. It is your responsibility to ensure that someone is available to sign for the goods. Charges will apply for additional delivery attempts.
- The table below has estimated delivery costs, valid only for metropolitan areas with easy access. For an exact delivery quote, please email us.
|DESTINATION||SMALL (<20KG)||MEDIUM (<80KG)||LARGE (80-250KG)|
|Darwin||$330||Please enquire||Please enquire|
- Deposits paid for goods are non-refundable.
- We do not offer refunds for change of mind.
- We offer a 7 day money back guarantee for any manufacturer defects only.
- You can choose between a replacement, refund, exchange or credit note where goods have a manufacturing defect.
- We must be notified via email no later than 7 days after you receive the goods.
- Note that refunds do not include any delivery costs paid.
- Buyer must pay for all transportation costs back to our Chatswood (NSW) warehouse.
- Due to all our goods being custom handmade for us, minor dents/scratches/marks are not considered by our manufacturer to be defects. Please understand that natural oak and timbers can crack with time. This is particularly true of oak furniture when there are sudden changes in temperature. This is by no means a defect in the furniture and part of the characteristics of natural timber.
- Due to the style of our pieces (especially our distressed Oak pieces), any minor dents/scratches/marks add to the character and uniqueness of each piece.
- The level of distressed/white wash finish to our goods can vary from order to order and the variations to the finish are not considered manufacturer defects.
- The Purchaser is deemed to have inspected the goods immediately upon receiving delivery. Any damage or issues on the goods must be notified to us in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This must be done within 7 days of receiving delivery. The Purchaser must provide sufficient evidence to substantiate any claim. If the Purchaser fails to advise us of the relevant issue, the goods will be deemed to haven been delivered to you in good condition and in accordance with the Contract.
Most of the pieces that we stock are purchased in bulk from our suppliers in order to keep the price low. However we may be able to accommodate your request. Please send us an email and we will try our best.
We are always looking to source new pieces. Please send us an email with a photo of what you like.
For a natural Hamptons style look, our Oak furniture is finished with a light wax and is unsealed.
You can apply a furniture sealant to the furniture if you want it completely sealed.
Always avoid direct sunlight and heat.
Always clean spills and water off of oak furniture. Since oak is porous, it will easily soak up water.
No matter how strong and sturdy oak furniture looks, always move it with care.
Don’t expose oak to strong cleaning agents, coffee, wine, water or other liquids.
Avoid putting hot items such as dishes or pans directly on the wood. Instead, use trivets or heavy mats.
You can repair slight damages to oak furniture. You can use furniture markers and putties (available in a variety of colors) to fix small chips. Please understand that natural oak and timbers can crack with time. This is particularly true of oak furniture when there are sudden changes in temperature. This is by no means a defect in the furniture and part of the characteristics of natural timber.
Lay-bys are offered by French Place on certain items on a discretionary basis – please see below for the full terms and conditions.
- The lay-by period is for a maximum of 5 weeks, or as otherwise agreed between the Purchaser and French Place.
- A deposit must be a minimum of 30% of the total purchase value, or as otherwise agreed between the Purchaser and French Place.
- The minimum lay-by sale is $500.
- The cancellation charge on a lay-by is 30% of the total purchase price.
- There are no returns or exchanges on lay-by items with the exception of faulty goods.
- The Purchaser or French Place has the right to cancel a lay-by.
- If the Purchaser cancels the lay-by they have the right to a refund of the payments made, less the cancellation charge.
- If French Place cancels the lay-by the Purchaser will be entitled to a full refund of all payments made.
- Purchasers will be contacted for all lay-bys that are not completed by the due date. After the due date, French Place has the right to cancel the lay-by and the Purchaser will be given a refund for their payments made, less the cancellation charge.
- The cancellation charge is applied to compensate French Place’s selling, storage and administration costs.
- No items can be taken by the Purchaser until the entire lay-by has been paid in full, including any delivery costs.